1.) Familiarize yourself with Holy Name School
- Read the Application Letter and Requirements
- Complete your application and submit $75 application fee along with required documentation:
- Birth Certificate (child must be at least 5 years of age by September 1, 2023 to enter Kindergarten)
- Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- Immunization Record
- Kindergarten Applicants: Preschool Teacher Assessment of Student Readiness form
- Grades 1 - 8 Applicants: Recent report card, standardized test results, and Current Teacher recommendation form
- Small photo of applicant
- Return your completed application via email, drop off directly to school, or by mail.
- Application Due Dates for 2024-2025 academic year:
- for those enrolled in Holy Name Preschool or siblings of current HN students: Thursday, November 30, 2023
- for those not enrolled in Holy Name Preschool or new to Holy Name School: Wednesday, December 20, 2023
- priority application deadline: Wednesday, December 20, 2023
- application deadline is: Wednesday, January 17, 2024
- Late Applicants will be subject to wait list based on priority acceptance enrollment
3.) Panther Shadow Experience
- Kindergarten Applicants: We would like to see your child in a social setting in the Kindergarten classroom. We are looking to see if they can follow basic directions and how they interact with other children and adults on staff. We will be asking them to identify and write some letters and numbers and participate in various activities set up around the classroom.
- HN Preschool only: Saturday, December 9, 2023 *updated date*
- General Applicants: Friday, January 12, or Saturday, January 13, 2024
- 1st-8th Grade Applicants: All 1st-8th Grade Applicants will be asked to schedule a shadow visit in the classroom where they will act as a Holy Name student for a day. During this shadow experience, applicants will be assessed in their reading comprehension, writing, and math abilities using the Archdiocese of San Francisco's Renaissance STAR assessment. They will also be assessed on their interpersonal connections with the teacher and other students and have an opportunity to get to know some possible future classmates. These shadow dates will be scheduled by the school office and the applicant family.
4.) Acceptance and Enrolling at Holy Name School
- Acceptances will be emailed and mailed on Friday, January 19, 2024 at 3:00 pm for Priority Acceptance/Registration Kindergarten applicants
- Parents must submit their registration by Friday, January 26th to hold their child's enrollment for the 24-25 school year.
- All other applicants will be notified about the admission decision within two weeks of their assessments (after the initial Acceptance Letter posting in January).
Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted within a few days from a member of the Office team to schedule your child's testing appointment time and shadow opportunity. Kindergarten applicants will be sent a time RSVP form in your email in mid-November (HN Preschool) and mid-December (non HN Preschool applicants).
|KINDERGARTEN EVALUATIONS, SHADOW DATES AND STAR TEST ASSESSMENTS
|MID-YEAR TRANSFER STUDENTS
We accept transfer applications on an individual case basis. Please contact us at (415) 731-4077 for more information.
Holy Name School strives to provide space for all interested families; however, we do have waitlists for some grade levels. For this reason we encourage you to inquire about all classes as soon as possible in order to ensure that your child does not miss out on the opportunity to receive a Holy Name education!
If you are interested in being placed on a waitlist, please follow the Application Process listed under the Admissions Process page. Students will be placed on grade level waitlists according to the order in which completed applications are received.
|ELIGIBILITY FOR ENROLLMENT
The developmental and behavioral age of the child is a strong factor in considering acceptance. The developmental age is an assessment at which the child is functioning as a total person: emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially. The prospective student must be able to understand and speak English proficiently. Acceptance priority in each grade level is as follows:
- Sibling of current student
- Catholic student/Member of the Holy Name Parish
- Parent/family are HN alumni
- non-Catholic student
Holy Name School and all schools of the Archdiocese of San Francisco admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or made available to students at these schools. Our schools do not un-lawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs. Likewise our schools do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, handicap, race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin.