|2022-2023 Application Letter and Requirements|
Holy Name Application
|Preschool Evaluation Form (Kindergarten Applicants)|
|HN Applicant Teacher Recommendation Form (1st-8th Grade Applicants)|
|Holy Name Information page 1|
|Holy Name Information page 2|
- Attend a tour and pick up an application at the school Office (or click above to print the application).
- Click the application letter above for a list of required documentation.
- Return your completed application via email, drop off directly to school, or by mail.
|APPLICATION DUE DATES|
- for those enrolled in Holy Name Preschool or siblings of current HN students: Wednesday, December 1st, 2021
- for those not enrolled in Holy Name Preschool or new to Holy Name School: Wednesday, December 15th, 2021
for late acceptance/registration:
- Wednesday, January 19th, 2021 *subject to wait list based on early acceptance enrollment
|KINDERGARTEN EVALUATIONS, SHADOW DATES AND STAR TEST ASSESSMENTS|
Kindergarten Evaluation Dates:
- Kindergarten Applicants: We would like to see your child in a social setting in the Kindergarten classroom. We are looking to see if they can follow basic directions and how they interact with other children and adults on staff. We will be asking them to identify and write some letters and numbers and participate in various activities set up around the classroom.
- HN Preschool only: Saturday, December 4th, 2021
- General Applicants: January 7th, 8th, 9th, 2022
- 1st-8th Grade Applicants: All 1st-8th Grade Applicants will be asked to schedule a shadow visit in the classroom where they will act as a Holy Name student for a day. During this shadow experience, applicants will be assessed in their reading comprehension, writing, and math abilities using the Archdiocese of San Francisco's Renaissance STAR assessment. They will also be assessed on their interpersonal connections with the teacher and other students
for late acceptance/registration:
- Shadows will be scheduled after January 19th, however will be based on availability from those already registered
- will be emailed on Friday, January 14th, 2022 at 3:00 pm for early acceptance/registration students
- All other applicants will be notified about the admission decision within two weeks of their assessments (after the initial Acceptance Letter posting in January).
|MID-YEAR TRANSFER STUDENTS|
We accept transfer applications on an individual case basis. Please contact us at (415) 731-4077 for more information.
Holy Name School strives to provide space for all interested families; however, we do have waitlists for some grade levels. For this reason we encourage you to inquire about all classes as soon as possible in order to ensure that your child does not miss out on the opportunity to receive a Holy Name education!
If you are interested in being placed on a waitlist, please follow the Application Process listed under the Admissions Process page. Students will be placed on grade level waitlists according to the order in which completed applications are received.
The elementary schools of the Archdiocese of San Francisco admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or made available to students at these schools. Our schools do not un-lawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs. Likewise our schools do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, handicap, race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin.