The purpose of the Parent Guild is:
- To generate financial support for the school via fundraisers and other activities.
- To ensure all new families are welcomed and well informed of the school's processes and activities.
- To provide a forum of exchange for parents, faculty and administration of the school as it relates to community building, fundraising and general support for the school.
- Holy Name relies on parent volunteers to make our events successful.
Parents are encouraged to attend all the parent meetings to keep up-to-date on current school events.
- The Holy Name Men's Club seeks to create community and camaraderie amongst Holy Name fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other male guardians through volunteer service opportunities and social events.
- Holy Name Women’s Club is a place for the women of HN community to gather, socialize and support events at Holy Name. We are an inclusive group that will organize fundraisers and support the school in any task that needs our help. But most of all we will form relationships that will flourish during and beyond our time at Holy Name.
Presidents: Alison Cardenas & Sabrina Toy Coordinate general parent meetings Provide notifications/agendas and preside at all PG meetings and executive board meetings Direct liaison between staff and PG Board Handle the nominations for the board for the next year Assist with marketing needs of the school Vice President (Head Room Parent Lead): Winnie Kwan Assist and support President with any projects and fundraisers Work with the Head Room Parents Recruit, support, and communicate with room parents to PG Board Help organize Kindergarten, 6th grade and new student Potlucks Arrange the Teacher Appreciation Day/Week/Month - engage the help of the board here VP (Men's Club): Andrew Ho Plan community building and fundraisers for school year: Sports/Snack Bar Volunteer opportunities at HN Crab Feed Fright Fest Social events VP (Women's Club): Carolyn Cody & Bridget Rodnick Plan community building and fundraisers for school year: Arts/Drama Club Volunteer opportunities at HN St. Patrick's Day Dinner Fright Fest Christmas Decorating Social Events VP (Social Justice): Angela Mapa Report and update board on Social Justice issues/meeting info Assist with social events Secretary: Lana Kwong Records and distributes all meeting minutes of the Parents’ Guild. Notify PG Board members of all upcoming board and general meetings for agenda topics. Conducts necessary correspondence of PG Update notices on PG Bulletin Display Board Assist school in social media updates - done by the Principal Treasurer: Haley Tram Track finances of PG Board & General meetings on a regular basis Budget Teacher Appreciation & track expenses Coordinate Box Tops For Education Collection & Submissions Parliamentarian: Georgia Ip Advise PG Board