School Counseling Program
Overview: The goal of our counseling program is to serve all students to foster a positive classroom and school climate. Our school counselors provide education, prevention, and intervention services aimed at enhancing students’ social-emotional development and academic success.
Program & Services:
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL): Our elementary and junior high school counselors deliver the research-based program- Second Step. The weekly classroom lessons and activities are designed to strengthen social-emotional skills such as growth-mindset, emotion management, empathy & kindness, problem-solving, and bullying prevention.
- Small Group Counseling: lunch bunch groups for junior high students covering topics such as welcoming new students, adjusting to junior high, managing stress, study skills, building social-skills and friendships.
- Individual Counseling: the counselors are available to meet one-on-one with students for short term counseling. Referrals may be made for long-term outside therapy and support.
- Consultation & Collaboration: the counselors consult and collaborate with school staff, parents, and outside professionals to support student success as needed.
- Parent/Guardian Consultations: counselors are available to consult with parents to discuss their child’s individual needs or concerns.
How Are Students Referred for Counseling?
Parents, students, and/or school staff may request or refer students for counseling. Parent permission is required for students to meet ongoing with a counselor.
Counselors’ Hours & Contact information:
|Mimi Pratt (K-5)||Jennifer Corry (Junior High)|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|